Thursday, February 2, 2012

1st Shed of 2012

On 1/28/12 I headed over to a KC area MDC property that is loaded with deer. I arrived at first light and within the first hour I'd spotted 22 deer and 11 turkeys. About a mile off the road there is roughly 10 acres of standing beans that was covered up with deer. There were 11 different bucks still packing their headgear in the beans. I didn't locate any sheds that day, but planned to hit it up the property again later in the week.

On 1/31/12 I went back to property for another run through. I was scanning a cut bean field with the binos when I spotted this beauty about 90yrds out in the field. The wax ring was still fresh, so it hadn't dropped too long ago. It measured 67 6/8"...now I need to find the match to it. Hoping there is a lot more of these to come in the next month or so!!!

No comments: